The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

February 9 - 12, 1989

 

Thursday, February 9, 1989 Carmen very sick

 

Carmen been home all day, she is sick. She had a high temperature. Kim back to work today. I hope she don’t get sick again. I sent her up some sandwiches, a dish a pudding. I made a banana pudding today. I did the washing.

 

 

 

Friday, February 10, 1989

 

A nice sunny day. I done regular work, did the ironing. I read the B new. Carmen and Brogan came today. Carmen is better. I hope she don’t get sick again. I worked on the puzzle.

 

 

 

Saturday, February 11, 1989

 

On the cold side. I done regular work and Saturday chores. I was busy. It takes me a long time to do things. Carmen and Brogan came. Betty called in late PM. Kim up for supper. She looks pretty good. Feels better she says. David came for coffee. I worked on the puzzle. I made brownies. Kim worked today.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 12, 1989

 

Zack up for breakfast. It has been a long time since he has been up for breakfast. Walt up for coffee, same as every Sunday morning. I worked on the puzzle and finished it. They all are done now. I was glad to get cleaned up from doing them. I now got other things to work on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment