The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

May 9 - 11, 1986

Friday, May 9, 1986 Mowed lawns for first time

 

A nice day. Billie did all the lawns today. Zack helped some. I went to Norway with Betty, I shopped. Also Kim and Eddie were there. They did some shopping. Betty and I drove up to see Kassie but it was against the rules so couldn’t see her. Watched soaps this PM. Billie down to Petrone. Kim painted or varnished Betty’s kitchen floor.

 



 

 

Saturday, May 10, 1986

 

Well a quite nice day. It was a few clouds around. I did my regular wash. I washed Billie’s curtains. David called and Carmen. Also Milan dropped in for a few minutes. Kim and Eddie dropped in too. They went up to camp, they are happy. Billie and Betty over to Lewiston. Billie got a hose, a new pail. Bill been reading a lot today. It was quite warm today. Warmer yesterday. Zack got his lawns done today. Also Walt helped him. They came up and helped Billie get the lawn chairs out and picnic table. Carmen a dite more relaxed this PM.

 

 

 

Sunday, May 11, 1986

 

A nice day. I been busy all day. I did the washing of the blanket, spreads etc. I had a nice Mother’s Day. I got a beautiful card, a very pretty clock for the living room. Candy and beautiful cards. I went up to see Fern with Milan and Betty. She was pleased we called. Milan, Betty, Betty, Walt, Zack, Carmen, Kim and Eddie all called. Also Dorothea and David came and made a nice visit. The new heifers and steer Billie got are growing good.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment