The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, June 4, 2023

March 13 - 16, 1986 Ilan and Minnie's Anniversary

Thursday, March 13, 1986

 

A miserable day. Kids to school, at noon they came home. Kim over today. She and Bill to town. This has been a miserable week. Snow and rain.

 

 

 

Friday, March 14, 1986 NO SCHOOL

 

Another miserable day. I will be so glad when we get to the end of this weather. I done up the regular work. I vacuumed, made a custard, done regular work. Wrote to Thena. Got the birthday cards ready to go. Bill to town. Kim called today, she had lunch. She is getting used to Eddie going away. Billie and Zack gone up to get milk. No school today.

 

 

 

Saturday, March 15, 1986

 

Well it was all kind of weather today. Cloudy, snow, rain and then the sun appeared. It was very nice and mild. I made bread, rolls, vacuumed and dusted, washed floors. Lamer than a old truck horse. Carmen called. Milan called. Zack came up. He is kind of on the blue side. He is going away to a training school. I hate to see him go. I wish him the very best in a new school.

 

 

 

Sunday, March 16, 1986

 

A dite of sun for a little while. I done up my work. Walt came and had coffee. Milan called. In PM Dorothea and David and Carmen called. Betty and Walt dropped in. We, Dorothea and I, went over to Ilan and Minnie’s for their wedding anniversary. Came home, visited a little while then they went home. I got supper. I also finished up my checking account today. Not lame today.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment