The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

April 14 - 16, 1986

 

Monday, April 14, 1986 Eddie back to hospital

 

A very nice sunny hot day. I did the wash. Then I cleaned the bureau draws in my room and closet. Carmen came and she helped. Kim took Eddie back to the hospital today. She drove up as far as Danvers Massachusetts, they met them and took him into the hospital. His stitches had all come out. When Kim got home last night she found a letter there from her friend Roger Smith. Kim lost her exhaust off her car last night otherwise car worked okay and no problems.

 

 

 

Tuesday, April 15, 1986

 

A nice sunny day. I done up my ironing. Milan called over to Kim’s. He found her muffler on the road and took it over to her. Betty went over and got Carmen and took her to the hospital for her knee. She pulled a ligament, it is very sore. When they came back Betty, Carmen and I all went over to Kim’s. Kim very pleased and excited about the trip. Billie to the Dr. and had his stitches taken out, he is doing real well.

 

 

 

Wednesday, April 16, 1986

 

Another nice day. I worked or helped Betty do some dishes in her cupboards. I came home, did the bureau draws and desk in Billie’s bedroom. Watched TV in PM. Milan called this morning. Randy called tonight. Bill outside today. Zack up tonight. Billie worked outside, a very nice day. Carmen called. She is tired.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment