The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, May 28, 2023

February 15 - 18, 1986 Betty's 43rd Birthday

Saturday, February 15, 1986

                                         

A very nice day. The wind was kind of raw. I been busy all day. I did regular work plus the Saturday chores. I worked on puzzle in late PM. Zack was up and he worked on puzzle also. Betty, Kim and Zack called. They all went to get haircut. Kim’s was good and looks very nice. I am so pleased she had it cut the new style. Billie up to David’s.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 16, 1986

 

A nice day. A nice day. Walt and Milan in for coffee. Kim called, she had a flat tire. I did some work at the desk and worked on the puzzle.

 

 

 

Monday, February 17, 1986 Betty Louise Crook Horton 43

 

A beautiful day. I did the washing. Regular work. Milan called. I made a cake for Betty’s birthday. Carmen call. Betty over to Carmen’s for papering job. Kim painted down to Betty’s. Betty, Walt and Zack here for with cream cake and ice cream for Betty’s birthday. Zack stayed and we worked on puzzle.

 

 

 

Tuesday, February 18, 1986

 

This has been a dreary miserable day. I done regular work. Made a blueberry pie, ironed. Cleaned the stove over to Carmen’s with Betty. Bill to the doctors for sugar checkup. It is very high. He has got to use more insulin. Dorothea called, Milan called.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment