The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, April 9, 2022

January 1 - 4, 1982 Welcome 1982

 

Friday, January 1, 1982 New Year’s Day

 

Well what a day to start the New Year. It snowed hard all day. Zak and I worked on the puzzle. I watched TV programs. Wes Gorman and Cindy called. Billie out and in all day.

 

 

 

Saturday, January 2, 1982 a beautiful day

 

It was a very pretty day with all the snow on the trees, houses etc. Bill done all the plowing and Billie shoveled, there was so much to be done. I was busy all day. I washed windows, floors, swept and dusted. Kim worked. Carmen suffering with asthma.

 

 

 

Sunday, January 3, 1982

 

It has been cloudy all day. I cleaned up the house. I worked on puzzles. Bill watched TV etc. Billie down to Fern’s, up to David’s. Zak and Walt been shoveling all day. Betty also helped up to the shelter and camp. Late or at suppertime Nola Raye and her husband called. Zak snow shoveled up here this PM. Kimmy babysitting.

 

 

 

Monday, January 4, 1982 Another snowstorm, NO SCHOOL

 

Well another bad storm and no school for the first day. I done my washing and made a pie and pudding. I cooked a roast beef for supper. Carmen called in PM. I invited her for supper, she stayed. Bill plowed snow. Billie shoveled the barn roof, the shed roof and driveways.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment