The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, April 18, 2022

February 5 -7, 1982

 

Friday, February 5, 1982 Carmen C. B. H. 19 years

 

A quite nice day. I done up the work. I washed. I washed the windows. Billie down to the garage. Bill out a few times. Brud came tonight to shoveled Delores’s roof off. Betty, Dorothea, Zak, Susan and children, Joy and children all went sledding up to Joy’s tonight after supper. Zak called in PM after school, brought a box of clothes up. Kim working tonight. About 7:30 Carmen called. Wished her a happy birthday and she had a very good good time. She was going to a party at the FRAT Hall. She told me all of the wild tales of skiing.

 





 

 

 

 

Saturday, February 6, 1982

 

It was cloudy when we got up and stormy. I done my Saturday work, changed beds, vacuumed, dusted, washed floors, cooked etc. Dorothea and David came, they made a very long visit. Dorothea and Charlene called. Billie and Heidi out on the crust. Calf a lot better. Bill sat all day. Kim to work at about 1 PM. I made a blueberry pie and a cinnamon roll and the rolls.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 7, 1982 windy

 

Well a nice sunny day. The sun came up with daylight which we haven’t seen happen but a very few times the past year. I done up regular work, got caught up on my reading etc. Betty and Walt called for the rubbish. Quite cold and windy. Kimmy went to work. Zak up sledding, called on his way home.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment