The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, March 30, 2019

October 2 - 5, 1970

Friday, October 2, 1970

Cloudy. I done regular work. Worked at desk. To Naples and Casco with Betty to see about lumber for barn. Billie Deming and kids went to. I did my shopping today.



Saturday, October 3, 1970

Another cloudy day. I done regular work. Billie to Norway to see about shoes. Bill worked at Walt’s. Also Cliff, Es, Cliff, gone to see about a TV. Delores went to see about getting some drapes. Billie put a towel rack up for me.



Sunday, October 4, 1970
Cloudy, rainy dreary day. Most of the day. It cleared off some in late p.m. Bill and I took the jacks home. Billie hauled dressing all day.



Monday, October 5, 1970

I went down to Betty’s. I did my wash down there. Kim to school. We looked for Black, the kitten.



No comments:

Post a Comment