The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, February 16, 2023

February 21 - 24, 1984

Thursday, February 21, 1985

 

A very nice day. I got my work done up early. Got ready, Betty, Dorothea and I took Fern down to the nursing home so she could see what it is like down there. She thought it was very nice. I came home, got my supper to going, watched my shows. Kim went to see about her job at the nursing home. They called her in tomorrow to work. Billie to the Dr. for a eye checkup. His eye is infected some now.

 

 

 

Friday, February 22, 1985

 

Kim began work today. She worked today and didn’t mind it. I hope it will be something she likes and wants to do it. She is so in need of money. She is glad to do any kind of work. Also I sure hope Carmen gets her job. Zack came up today. He is down and lonesome I guess. Carmen out on a date tonight. What a dub, fat and big but very nice and pleasant. She don’t care for anymore dates with him.

 

 

 

Saturday, February 23, 1985 cloudy

 

I got up early. I got the work done up, washed floors. Swept, dusted. David came down. Billie over to the store. Bill went to get medicine. Carmen had a date after class today, a very nice guy. Good build, neat, polite and smart.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 24, 1985

 

Foggy all day. I read all the papers. David came. Carmen worked tonight. Clyde Rowe came and looked at David and Billie heifers.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment