The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, March 19, 2022

October 15 -17, 1981 Carmen Home Again

Thursday, October 15, 1981

 

Another one of those beautiful gorgeous days. Mild temperatures. I done up my work. Got ready, went to town with Dorothea and Delores. Came home, about 12 Dorothea and I went right up to the camp. Betty was settling it. It looked so nice. It is a very pretty spot on that lake. (Stearns Pond). I came home, done some odds and end jobs. Watched soaps. Had chicken, peas, noodles, cake and toasted English muffins.

 

 

 

Friday, October 16, 1981 Carmen home from U of OM

 

This is been a cloudy day and in evening it began to rain. I done up my work. Carmen came home at about 7 PM with Zenya and Natasha for a four-day break. She won’t come home again for six weeks for the Thanksgiving holiday. Tonight Milan had all of the folks come. Fern came for supper. Dorothea, Susan, Joy and Laurie. He made up some tapes to send to Norma.

 

Dintz and Cody

 

 

 

 

Saturday, October 17, 1981

 

A beautiful day. I have been busy all day. I done up the regular work, cleaned up the house. No cooking or baking beans. Betty, Walt, Milan and Betty took Bill and I out for supper in observance of our wedding anniversary. 51st. Went to the Strictly Main Street in South Paris. Very good. Fern went too. Susan came over and showed Betty her pictures of her Florida trip.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment