The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Friday, March 25, 2022

November 6 - 9, 1981

 

Friday, November 6, 1981

 

It is foggy this morning and rain showers. I’m sorry because this is LRHS homecoming. Kim is planning to go to it all. Well late this PM it cleared off and they had the HC events, more to come tomorrow. Football game and all. I hope Betty goes. I done a lot of jobs today.

 

 

 

Saturday, November 7, 1981

 

A mostly cloudy day. I been busy all day doing all the work etc. Bill up to Dorothea’s working all day. Billie worked out in the barn cleaning fans, washing windows etc. Laurie and Cindy called this evening. Zak up in PM. Kim went to all the homecoming weekend events. 32 – 20 favor of LRHS score of the football game. Sophomores won the prize for the skit last night. Kimmy was so happy and pleased tonight. I’m sorry we didn’t get to see it. I wanted to.

 

 

 

Sunday, November 8, 1981

 

Clear and sunny today. A beautiful day. I worked at my desk. Bill down to camp with Weldon. Billie hauled wood. Bill up to Dorothea’s. Walt hauled the dump with his truck. I made out some orders today.

 

Daddy Selfie?

 

 

Monday, November 9, 1981

 

A very nice day, it was sunny and mild. Billie took Susan and Monica to the doctors. Monica sick. I did my wash, made pies. Down to Betty’s, we wrapped some Christmas gifts. Fern up to Betty’s for supper. I got my orders ready to go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment