The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

March 13 - 16, 1970 Colored TV!


Friday, March 13, 1970 Snow

Cloudy and snow today. Lawyer (?) Bjkorlund died last night. It has been a very snowy day. Bill working tonight. Bill got an increase in his pay tonight. Also back pay for nine weeks.



Saturday, March 14, 1970 Colored TV

Another beautiful day a.m. I baked beans. Billie and I down town to look at color TVs. We had one brought up on trial. It is nice. Fern up for supper. Hortons called. Sue and Vince. Zak is real cute all the time now. It snowed off and on in p.m. Bill worked.



Sunday, March 15, 1970

Stormy all day. Done up work. Sue and I over to Pleasant Mountain so she could see them skiing. Betty, Walt and Kim called. We watched colored TV. Billie and I rearranged living room. Bill worked.



Monday, March 16, 1970

A very nice day. I went down to Betty’s. I washed. Betty is having trouble with her back. Sue and I down town. She done some packing. Fern, Lloyd called to say goodbye to them. She and Vince up here for supper. They went home early to pack. My clothes line broke. Kim came up this p.m. Walt called to help me get my clothes in. Carmen don’t feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment