The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, June 24, 2024

January 27 - 30, 1990 Best Party Ever!

 

Saturday, January 27, 1990 Mild, a beautiful day

 

It was sunny all day. I done up regular work. I baked some beans, first time for a long time. Well I started the last puzzle. Laurie called this PM, her baby and Danica was with her. Billie done some more shoveling etc. Carmen got ready and out on a date tonight. David down for coffee today. Zack called late this evening. Very mild.

 

 

 

Sunday, January 28, 1990

 

A fair day. Zak and Walt up for coffee. I finished the puzzle this forenoon. Betty brought some more snap pictures, cards, newspapers etc. from the past. They are so interesting. All from those older days of my past. Well today they all took off and went to Jeff’s for a dinner of tacos. Dorothea, David, Betty Smith, Walt, Betty, Carmen, Kim, Zak and Brogan. Tom was there with Kim. Also Jeff’s girlfriend. They all reported a very good time and loved the dinner.

 




 

 

Monday, January 29, 1990 snow all day.

 

A snow day all day. Not too cold. I made a lemon meringue pie. I got my supper meal prepared. Carmen dropped in for a little while. She said Brogan has a slight cold and tired. I did the washing. Then I looked at albums, old papers and those odds and ends. Very interesting.

 

 

 

Tuesday, January 30, 1990

 

Tail end of the storm. Zak up this morning. I worked at the desk today. There is a lot of snow around. Today about 2 PM Steve came and plowed. Jason came and shoveled. After we got plowed out we have had all kinds of high snowbanks. I hate it. In this area we got about 14 inches. Carmen called today. Brogan is better of her cold. She has got pretty well rested. Kim didn’t have to work tonight. Also David didn’t go, he got tired out in the mess last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment