The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, November 14, 2019

February 13 - 15, 1973


Tuesday, February 13, 1973 Hair set

Billie still don’t feel too good. I done up my regular work, shampooed and put on rinse on my hair. Over to June’s to have it set. Came home, got dinner and down to Betty’s to stay with Zak while she went to town. After supper Billie and I went over to Esther’s. Billie helped Billie move a TV into garage. We visited a little while. Cloudy and snow flurries, a little on the cold side.



Wednesday, February 14, 1973 a March type day

A beautiful day. I washed a big one. They dried very good. In p.m. Dorothea came, she had been over to Esther’s and Esther came with her. We all called at Betty’s for a little while. In p.m. Betty went down to Dawn’s. Kids up tonight after school with Valentine goodies. Billie still not too good. Bill down to Gordon’s.



Thursday, February 15, 1973 SNOW

Snowing hard this morning. It began to clear about 2 PM. I went down to Betty’s in forenoon. To town in late a.m. Esther went too. In p.m. I watched TV programs. Bill plowed driveways. I ironed. Bill down to Gordon’s. I called and talked with Amy. Fay has given up college for this year and working at the bowling alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment