The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, December 25, 2017

December 6 -9, 1965 Betty to Move

Monday, December 6, 1965 Permanent

Cloudy and stormy most of the day. I got my old black hair cut off today and a new permanent. It sure seemed so good. I got my ironing done today at night. Fern and I down to the hospital this evening. Lloyd much better. Dale Ward operated on today.



Tuesday, December 7, 1965 TO BOSTON

Up early this morning and left for Boston at 7:30 to take Carmen to Dr. Brown. We now have a problem, no animals at all for Carmen. We have to get rid of them including Kristie or they move. Betty plans to move. Fern done our work here after supper. Billie took her to the hospital in p.m. Bill in evening. Lloyd real good. Bill not so good.



Wednesday, December 8, 1965

A nice day. I cleaned up the house. Got ready for a steak supper. Betty making arrangements to move. Went to see her apartment. She wants in the Brookside Theater building. Also over to Auburn to see Mike. He is willing to help her. Fern got her hair set. She and I called at hospital to see Lloyd in evening. Letter from Dorothea.



Thursday, December 9, 1965 LLOYD CAME HOME

A nice day, on the cold side. Fern and Betty brought Lloyd home from the N.C. M. Hospital after a hernia operation. Betty and I called at Rado’s. Dawn Parks called. Bill still home, he and Carmen down to Jean’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment