The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

June 18 - 21, 1965



Friday, June 18, 1965

A very nice day, some showers. I worked at Seaver’s cottage. Betty and I to town in evening. Carmen went to the doctors in the night about two this morning. A very bad nervous spell. She had cried very hysterically. Mike slept all day.



Saturday, June 19, 1965

Betty moved some more today. I started my fixings and setting upstairs. Showers today. Marguerite and Bubba here. Holly here. Fern and Lloyd called. They moved Betty’s TV to the trailer. Mike worked all day at his house.



Sunday, June 20, 1965

Didn’t get up till 930. I worked upstairs, didn’t get much done. Bill worked up to the trailer most all day. Mike worked all day up there. They got the electricity all hooked up.



Monday, June 21, 1965

A very nice day, awful hot. I did a very big wash. Betty up early after sleeping last night. She came home sick last night, went to Dr. Richards. Carmen is a lot better. I ironed after supper. Joy and kids here.

No comments:

Post a Comment