The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, April 8, 2019

November 5 - 8, 1970


Thursday, November 5, 1970

Worked a lot today with the equipment. Bulldozing, hauling fill etc. A nice day. I got my fall cleaning done.



Friday, November 6, 1970

A very nice day. We are having some very nice weather. Sunny and mild. Kim came up this p.m.



Saturday, November 7, 1970


A nice sunny day. I went down and helped Betty a few minutes in early a.m. Bill helped Walt today. Pete came tonight or late p.m. They worked late in the barn.



Sunday, November 8, 1970

A nice day. Billie worked for Lawrence. Bill helped at Betty and Walt’s. No one here for the day. I didn’t do much. Pete worked at Walt’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment