The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

December 7 - 9, 1990 Ridge House Party

 

Friday, December 7, 1990

 

A quite nice day. Zak up for coffee. Carmen called. Zak cleaned the hens out. I made more fudge, it came out good. Carmen came and cleaned. She got supper tonight, she is very busy getting ready for their party, she and Kim. I watched all my TV shows this p.m. Dorothea called tonight. Betty went and got her hair done today. Brogan down to Walt’s for the night. Walt and Zak worked on the building today. Ebony was sick today.

 

 

 

Saturday, December 8, 1990 A NICE PARTY TONIGHT

 

This is been a quite nice day. I worked at my desk. Carmen and Kim been very busy getting ready for their nice party they had tonight at their house. Everything was perfect. They had a lot of guests. I really enjoyed it very much. Zak helped to attend the guests. Brogan was so smart and cute. She took everyone’s eye. It was very late when I got to bed, about 1 AM.

 

 










 

Sunday, December 9, 1990

 

A beautiful day. Zak and Walt here for coffee. Than Zack got ready and went down to see Billie with Betty Smith and Dorothea. I’ve been working on the Christmas cards today. Dorothea, Zack and Betty S went to Portland today to see Billie, he is about the same, not too much improved as yet. He was glad to see them. He may get home for Christmas, also possibly next Sunday. Betty came and got my supper and brought up some popcorn later.

No comments:

Post a Comment