The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Friday, October 11, 2024

February 28 - March 3, 1991

 

Thursday, February 28, 1991

 

Another nice sunny day.

 

 

 

Friday, March 1, 1991

 

A nice sunny day. I done regular work , washed and Brogan and I did the ironing. Carmen cleaned up the house, made a chocolate pudding and a mince pie. Dorothea here in p.m. Also called in the evening.

 

 

 

Saturday, March 2, 1991

 

A cloudy foggy rainy dismal day. I got all of the bills ready to go. David here for coffee and a visit this morning. Carmen, Brogan and Betty called at supper time. Carmen got the supper because Brogan stayed here for supper. Betty came and got her later. Carmen out on a date with Arnold tonight. Tonight Zac called and we, Carmen, Bro and I talked with him. I was very glad to talk with him. He sounds very relaxed. I hope he is doing all right and keeping himself on the right track. I love him just the same. He has rekindled a relationship between he and his mother. She loves him too.

 

 

 

Sunday, March 3, 1991

 

A cloudy foggy day. I didn’t do much. I looked at some boxes of scraps, deaths etc. Carm and kids called a minute. Miserable day. War news still good.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment