The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, October 7, 2024

February 12 - 15, 1991

 

Tuesday, February 12, 1991

 

Well, been thinking of Zac all day. I don’t know what the results will be for the things he done while up to camp. Walt went over to Paris to check the Zack out and the office sent him home until his hearing comes up in April. Now what?

 

 

 

Wednesday, February 13, 1991

 

Nice sunny day. I didn’t do much. I went up to Carmen’s with Betty to see the new couch. It didn’t come until after supper, too late for me to go up. Zac here for breakfast. Then went to town. The speech therapist came today. Also the health nurse came. Carmen came and got supper. He has a job if he stays here in town.

 

 

 

Thursday, February 14, 1991 SNOW

 

Well it began early this morning. No school. Zac came up for breakfast. I washed his jacket and shirt, sewed a button on his jacket. David here this morning. I worked at the desk. Zac came to Betty and Walt’s last night. I got a nice box of Russell Stover chocolates from Carmen and Brogan also some other candy, very pretty cards and a nice cake from Kim.

 

 



 

Friday, February 15, 1991

 

Another cloudy stormy day. Carmen came and cleaned the house. I did a washing. The speech therapist didn’t come. Kim came and brought a very pretty Valentine card and a chocolate cake. Well this morning on the radio and TV great news about the war. Iraq was going to draw out but it was very doubtful as they went around the world. No, that old Saddam Hussein was just tricking people. Everyone had high hopes. Walt took Zack to Portland. He stayed down. Don’t know where or what he will be doing. I hope he will turn out and be all right. I worry so much about him. It is so pitiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment