The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

January 9 - 12, 1965



Saturday, January 9, 1965

Cloudy, very mild. Done up regular work. In p.m. Betty and I over to Samson’s Market to do our grocery shopping. Fern and Lloyd called. Fern up for supper and baked beans.



Sunday, January 10, 1965

Partly cloudy. Got darker in p.m. Made pie and cake, churned. Cleared off in late p.m. Kennie, Dot called also Fern and Lloyd.



Monday, January 11, 1965

Cloudy and then cleared in PM. We washed. Betty done all the housework. Watch programs in p.m. Made cookies. Washed my hair. Lloyd has lost his cat.



Tuesday, January 12, 1965

A very nice mild day. Mild. I did up my regular work. Betty went down to Lloyd’s. They found his cat. Was hurt bad in the mouth, took him to the vets. Betty, Carmen and I called at Ferns in evening. I ironed in p.m. Betty, Carmen and I called at Fern’s in evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment